The Mama & Baby shamwaris ('friend' in Shona) are ready to make new friends and are just the right size for a child (or adult) to take on adventures. Best meaningful gift for your loved ones!
- Individually named by the lady who knitted it
- Tagged with the name of the knitter
- CE tested
- Hand knitted with a mix of acrylic and cotton yarns
- Wash by gentle sponge cleaning
- Approximate size: 22 - 35 cm
Fun Facts about Giraffes
- Giraffes have the same number of bones in their necks as a human
- A group of Giraffes is called a Tower
- Giraffes can grow up to 16 ft (they average 6 ft tall at birth!)
- Giraffes can run up to 56 kmph
- Giraffes give birth standing up – their young have to fall over 5 ft!
- A Giraffe’s tongue can be as long as 53 cm
- Like human fingerprints, no 2 giraffes have the same pattern of spots
The Mama & Baby shamwaris is ethically sourced from a charity registered in Zimbabwe. The charity set up a business to give women who joined them the opportunity to earn a living wage (living wage (n.) – a wage sufficient for a worker and their family to live comfortably). The charity aims to create beautiful and unique products that are completely handmade, ethically produced, fairly traded and bring JOY!