The Mama & Baby Hippo shamwaris ('friend' in Shona) are ready to make new friends and are just the right size for a child (or adult) to take on adventures. Best meaningful gift for your loved ones!
- CE tested
- Hand knitted with a mix of acrylic and cotton yarns
- Wash by gentle sponge cleaning
- Approximate size: 22 - 35 cm
Fun Facts about Hippo
- The name Hippopotamus means ‘river horse’
- Hippos give birth in the water
- A group of Hippos is called a herd, pod, dale or bloat
- Hippos can hold their breath for up to 5 minutes
- Hippos can run up to 48 kmph (faster than Usain Bolt!)
The Mama & Baby Hippo is ethically sourced from a charity registered in Zimbabwe. The charity set up a business to give women who joined them the opportunity to earn a living wage (living wage (n.) – a wage sufficient for a worker and their family to live comfortably). The charity aims to create beautiful and unique products that are completely handmade, ethically produced, fairly traded and bring JOY!